Sunday, September 12, 2010

SMS - R-Type



Haiku Review:

So many bullets!
Rage quit once. Here's my tip: don't
die. Not even ONCE.

Additional Comments:

This was kind of a silly game to play, just because I really never wanted to play it until we started Beat All Games. I had heard of the R-type games, and was familiar with the SNES version, but I don't think I ever played Super R-type during the SNES era. But when I played, beat, and reviewed Super R-type for the blog, we got an amazing response from people all over the world! So, I learned one thing after playing the series: apparently the world is concerned with R-type. Though I'm not sure why.

As a curtain shooter, it's exactly what you'd expect. Space ships, bullets, power-ups, bullets, bad guys, bullets, bullets, and bullets. Also, IGN ranked this game as #7 on their Top Ten of hardest games to beat. And, man, it's tough. You pretty much have to stay alive the entire game in order to beat it, because if you die just once, you're thrown back into the fray powerless, without any gun power-ups, that extra gun-ship thingy, and you're slow as balls. That wouldn't be all that bad if the game didn't still throw everything at you at once. Man. I don't know how I beat this game, but I did it. Phew!  Game beaten. Barely.

Nano-rant:

Did I mention don't die?????????

Rating: 3 non-essential laser beams out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment