Wednesday, September 15, 2010

NES - Adventures of Tom Sawyer

                                                   

Haiku Review:

Once upon a time
this game kicked my family's butts.
Now I kicked Sawyer's.

Additional Comments:

So...I don't know anyone else who has ever played or heard of this game. But my family and I had this when I was very young, and it was one of the hardest games we'd ever played. At that time at least. It was also one of our favorites. Basically it's just a side-scrolling platformer with Sawyer going through various levels with his slingshot. There are even some top-down curtain shooter moments in the game, as you travel on the Mississippi on a log raft. And I absolutely love the music. Every time I hear it, it takes me back in time. There's really not so much I can say that's negative about this game. Even though it's not the best game in the world, I can't find anything at fault with it. Maybe I'm remembering it with my perspective as a kid and still judge it in that light. And, I really hadn't played this game in decades. So I picked the game up again, and, lo and behold, this game is easy. haha. Like, WAY easy. In fact, I beat this game in twenty minutes or something. For some reason, my family and I just could never get past the fifth level. Maybe growing up with games all my life has honed my gamer skills to perfection (probably not), or maybe we just really sucked back then (yeah...). Either way, this is a fun game that reminds me of my childhood--all the good moments. And that's what I love the most about good games. Childhood replayed. Game beaten.

Nanorant Review:

The only negative I can say about this game: way too short!

Rating: 3.5 slingshots out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment