Sunday, September 12, 2010

PS3 - God of War 2 (from GoW Collection)

Haiku Review: 

Series improving.
More of the same. Wait...did I
just kill every god?

Additional Comments:

I forgot to add this to the blog after I wrote the review for the first God of War game. I bought the God of War Collection game which has the first two with improved graphics and other little extras. As a whole, I think I like the series somewhat, but it doesn't blow me away. I do really enjoy the greek mythos explored in these games, and the gameplay and presentation is pretty tight, but I really have to say it again: I hate puzzles in action games. I understand that's it's thing and I'll never be able to get away from it in any of the other GoW games, but still. I'd rather just skip the puzzles and go straight to the slicin' and dicin' of skeletons and such. Or even progress the story some! Maybe it's just the adult tone that makes me hate the puzzles so much, because I like puzzle games, and I even don't mind puzzles in the Zelda games. But in this series, it just seems...unimportant.

Other than that, this game is really fun. In any Xbox or PS3 game, I always try to get as many of the achievements or trophies as I can, and I came pretty close, but there are some that I just can't do. The challenges at the end of the game are especially tough, and I got close to beating the challenges on the first game, only to mess up and thus rage quit. The action is typical GoW fare, mindless, button-mashing awesomeness. The story is pretty cool, though I think I just killed almost every god. So I'm not sure who's left to kill in the third game. The new weapons are awesome and all serve an important role. Some of the extras in the game are kind of strange. Of particular note is the feature to wins new skins for Kratos, the silliest being a fish suit--or the, I kid you not, "Cod of War" *chuckles*.  *ahem*

Nano-rant:

Puzzles. Ugh.  *facepalm*

Rating: 3.5 random boobs out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment