Thursday, September 23, 2010

GBA - Mario Party Advance

Haiku-Review:

board game amusement
is not so amusing with
only one player

Additional Comments:

Personally, I like the Mario Party series - call it a guilty pleasure - but the games are really only enjoyable with two or more players. Yea, they have story modes, which obviously is what I played through here, but it still feels so weird to play a Mario Party game by yourself. It's like playing a round of Monopoly by yourself - what's the point?

The game's not that bad, though a bit toilsome - does there have to be that many bonus dice mini-games that need to be played? Really? Ugh... Anyways, on the face of things, the graphics are rather nice and some of the music is...well, surprising. Two tunes in particular really grabbed my attention and I was rather pleased that one of them was attached to the mini games. The song that really caught my ear though has got to be the Mystery Quest theme.

There's really nothing else to say about the game. I suppose it's alright as a time killer - if you're twelve - but otherwise, a Mario Party game on the GameBoy Advance? It just seems pointless.

Nano-rant:

Are you fucking kidding me!? All other Gaddgets aside, Faux Flame and Breeze Buddy are the biggest wastes of programming I've ever come across in any game.

Also, I found out that I'm only 26% compatible with myself on the Compat-I-Com. Damn, what's that going to do to my self-esteem?

Rating: 2.5 Gaddgets out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment