Saturday, August 28, 2010

SNES - Super R-Type

Haiku Review: 

Lots of bullets here,
and... cyborgs? Beat this game in
forty-five minutes.   :-(

Additional Comments:

Not much to say, really. I do like curtain shooters, but this seemed weaker than most. The story sucked, but I'm not even sure why they bothered with a story at all. The weapons kind of sucked. They reminded me of Contra in the way that weapons drop and you really don't always want to pick every one up because some suck. This did that. I prefer it when the weapons are upgrades and the guns get better and better (like Gradius 3). The one cool thing was the detachable ship/gun thing. And, yes. This game was seriously short. And, yes, I did beat the game in 45 minutes.

Nano-rant Review:

OMG why do all curtain shooters need enemies that are cyborgs!  The last boss was a cyborg baby!

Rating: 3.5 borgs out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment