Thursday, August 19, 2010

NES - Batman: The Video Game

Haiku-Review:

the greatest music!
and for best effect, always
use the boomerang

Additional Comments:

Seriously, Streets of Desolation, need I even say more?

Now, I've owned this game ever since it came out, but for some reason I just could never beat it. Well, actually, I know exactly why - those armored tanks always somehow got the better of me, sad to admit (perhaps because of my belief that the boomerang is the best weapon - use the gun instead while the tanks are stranded on the screen border, or glitch 'em out of existence by on-screen/off-screen hijinks). Nevertheless, I only felt it fitting that one of the greatest NES platformers be first on a list of what will hopefully become many in my quest to Beat All Games.

And finally, I thought I'd add a quick nano-rant, although even proposing the idea that anything should be ranted about in this game seems rather insane. After all, Sunsoft just hit this one clear out of the park!

Nano-rant:

The BatDemon is a freakin' weapon depletion fiend. So, fuck you, BatDemon!!

Rating: 4 boomerangs out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment