Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Minuscule Year in Review

Ah! The old "same old same old" - fewer games, fewer raves....

As usual, 2013 was a pretty depressing year in games beaten. Likewise, the continual acknowledgement of annual completion diminishment is equally depressing. But so it goes. To make the usual 10's list would pretty much equate to listing every game played this year alone. As a compromise, I suppose I'll just list a minuscule five. All a bit trivial really, but then so is this post as a whole - consider it forced output for the sake of remaining true to the spirit of Beat All Games.

And so, my top 5 takedowns of 2013:

5. Vay
-A solid RPG, but a little too linear and bare-bones to bear the mark of excellence in my opinion.

4. We ♥ Katamari
-Fantastic follow-up to the original although at times I felt like it lost its way ever so slightly, especially in the music department.

3. Final Fantasy II
-Although I found this game to be a confusing mess when I started out, I found this to be one of the best entries in the Final Fantasy series by game's end. If anything, Final Fantasy II was a perfect example of why relying on others' reviews is no better than judging a book by its cover. Of course, that statement pretty much nullifies the vast majority of this site. Meh.

2. Super Mario World
-Straight up, a classic game that should be in any gamer's arsenal of choice picks.

1. The Bridge
-As usual, some miscreant game out of left field has come and dethroned the obvious picks. I found myself absolutely enthralled by The Bridge and as I said in my post, I want more.

No comments:

Post a Comment